Isbgol is known as ispaghula or psyllium. Psyllium seed husks are portions of the seeds of the plant Isabgol (plantogo avato).Isabgol is a short steonmed medicinal. India is top producer of these seeds and Isbablog husk. It is indigenous to the Mediterranean region and West Asia, It has been introduced in India & Cultivated specially in Gujarat and some parts of Rajasthan.
VAREITY : plantago Ovata Forsk
Isabgol or psyllium husk is a commonly used Indian home remedy. So much so, that is used for treating constipation, diarrhea and the symptoms of anal fissures. Known as a common remedy for effective weight loss and clearing out the toxins from the stomach, isabgol has many more benefits for your health.
It is an irrigated crop which grows well on light soils, soil with poor drainage is not conducive for good growth of this crop. A silty-loam soil having a soil pH from 4.7 to 7.7 with high nitrogen and low moisture content is ideal for growth of plants and high yield of seeds.Isabgol thrives well in warm- temperate regions. It requires cool and dry weather & is sown during winter months.
Isabgol is season cool season crop which is being grown as a Rabi crop in india.when it comes to seeds rate of isabgol,it requires 3kg to 4 kg to cover 1 acr. Land or 8 to 9kg to cover 1hactare land.
Isabgol has increased with higher demand in india. India ranks first in isabgol production (98%).
Blooming begins two months after sowing and the crop become ready for harvest in February-March (110-130 days after sowing). When mature, the crop turn yellowish and the spikes turn brownish. The seeds are shed when the spikes are pressed even slightly. At the time of harvest, the atmosphere must be dry and there should be no moisture on the plant, harvesting will lead to considerable seed shattering. Hence, the crop should be harvested after 10 am.
|Distance (in acre) ||Seeds kit in acre ||Cost of seeds kit ||Fertilizer ||Cost of cultivation |
|1*1 ft ||2 kg ||2000 /- ||1500 /- ||3,500 /- |
INCOME & YIELD :
|Income of month ||Total Seeds ||Company buy-back of Seeds ||Total |
|In 4th month ||4 quintal (400 kg) ||20 rs. kg ||400*20 = 8,000 /- |
- Isabgol growing first harvesting practical training.
- This includes Supervision, consultancy, guidance, Transportation cost first year.
- Plantation cost is to be borne only once.
- Buy back Agreement of Isabgol seeds.
- Production in 4th month and only one time production. (4th month plant life)
- Sowing time for Isabgol May to June
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMPANY
- For 1 Acre plantation cost of seeds kit is Rs.2,000/- , which is pay in advance before the cultivation.
- The Buy Back Agreement Stamp paper of Rs.100/- has to be stamped by District Court of your area.
- For 10 Acre or more yield the buy Back Agreement Stamp Paper will be of Rs.500/-.