What is Guar?
Guar or cluster bean, known as sometimes clusterbean, (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (syn. C. psoralioides), Fabaceae, is a yearly legume plant which grows in semiarid realm. Guar is dried-tolerant and can be had green like snap beans, fed to animals or utilized as a green compost. It bears several beans like pods, each of which has 6 to 9 small, round shaped seeds. The guar seed is commonly made up of 38% to 45% endosperm, 14% to 16% husk and 40% to 46% germ. The gum is got from the grounded endosperm.
What is Guar Gum?
Guar gum, a naturalistic gum, is an eatable thickening agent derived from the guar bean. Guar beans have a wide endosperm which has galactomannan gum which produces a gel in water. This is normally known as guar gum and is extensively utilized Food and industrial purposes. Also, it has proved a helpful alternative for locust bean gum.
How is Guar Gum prepared?
It is prepared with the removal of the husk and germ portion prior of extract the gum from the
What is Guar Gum specially utilized as?
It is mainly utilized as natural thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, bonding agent, gelling agent, hydrocolloid, soil stabilizer, flocculants, natural fiber, and fracturing agent.
What properties of Guar Gum?
Guar gum is soluble in both cold and hot water but insoluble in lots of organic solvents and has great hydrogen bonding attributes. It has tremendous thickening, Stabilizing, Emulsion, and film forming properties. It is the most suited to organic & inorganic substances comprising certain dyes and varied constituents of food.
How Guar gum powder is prepared?
The Guar's seeds are separated and the endosperm and germ is split from the endosperm with the help of sieving process. Although heating, grinding and polishing process the husk is slit up from the endosperm halves, and the Guar Gum slit that refined are obtained. Though process of grinding refined Guar split are thereafter treated & turned into powder.
- Guargum is a product that is made up of Guar seeds. Guargum is being utilized in divers industries in India as well as abroad, however now it is in solid demand because of its usage in Crude Oil Industry. India is taking pleasure the top position in export and production of such product in the global market, 80 per cent of world demand is met by Nation.
- Guar is basically Short, Simple, & Easy rain fed crop and farmed in Haryana and Rajasthan state, however it can be developed successfully in several other states (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh) also.
- We have experienced successful trials of this kind of crop in Vidharbha region of Maharashtra state in rain fed as well as irrigated conditions in summer.
- RGC 936 - With branches, round and pink colour seed, 33 per cent Gum.
- RGC 197 - Single stem, flat seed, 27 per cent Gum.
Brief information of this crop :
- Soil - Medium or Light and well drained soil.
- Climate - High temperature, full sun light & low rainfall.
- Sowing or Planting - After 20 July - 15 September (rain fed), in Feb. (with irrigation)
- Crop duration- 80 - 100 days.
- Seed rate - 5 Kg. per acre.
- Cost of cultivation - Rs. 5 to 6 thousand per acre. (Cost of Certified seed Rs. 2,500 to 3,000)
- Yield or Production - 400 to 600 Kg. per acre.
- Market rate - Rs. 100 to 300 per kilogram (Present rate is Rs.21,000 per Quintal)
- Profit- minimum Rs. 35 to 90 thousand per acre in three months.
- We provide all related services such as Quality Seed, crop agronomy and Assured "Buy back" support at varied places. Also, we take up comprehensive Cultivation of 50 acres and above.
Material Available for Guargum:
- Guargum Seeds and Guargum Seeds Powder